Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A day at Art on the Prairie - Relic Rings, Rustic Settings, Relaxing with new friends, Renewing my spirit...



It was a fast trip to Round Top at the beginning of November for what was to be an incredible day at Art on the Prairie....I drove down on Monday, as the class on Tuesday started early in the morning.  Since the drive is the same as we do in the spring and fall for the Amazing Antiques week, the treasure stops along the way were a must.

Tuesday Morning, I decided to drive around Carmine, Round Top and Warranton before my class began.  With coffee and THE BEST {Weikel's} Kolache in hand, I drove through the roads that are in the Spring and Fall are laden with antiques, vintage finds and "stuff" were bare, awaiting the next time the roads and fields would be filled with eager anticipation of those who come seeking that perfect something. 









Marburger 



Driving on country roads,wide open spaces, breathing fresh autumn air
instantly the cares of the world vanish in light of the beauty of nature. 
 Time well spent going through country roads, familiar places,  
and then onto a new destination-Art on the Prairie.

I arrived, ready to learn, ready to be inspired, ready to create.



A beautiful mystical morning fog







The beautiful venue, the beautiful directors and teachers of the art week, 
the beautiful way those that attend welcome all to their group,  
the beautifully inspired work that was created-
My new "feels like I've known forever friends - Cindy and Jerry.


Hard at Play ...Work

Our wonderful teacher, Deryn.

Eagerly watching and learning

One I finished at home with ...an ICE Resin® hand poured stone!!


It was a beautiful day!  I eagerly await next November and Art on the Prairie where I'll steal a few more days to learn, laugh and love..

Until next time, finding joy in the journey

Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment